Saturday, June 23, 2012

Maddie's Birthday Card and Box
My niece Maddie is have a birthday party tomorrow (Sunday), so today I crutched out the front door, down the driveway and into my garage to get to the basement where my scrap space is. It felt so good being able to sit at my scrap table with all my stamps, inks, papers, and tools at my fingertips. The creative juices flowed and here is what I created.
Maddie loves purple and penguins, so here is her positively, prefect, purple, penguin, birthday card. 
I went through my stash of card stock and pulled out every piece of purple card stock I could find. All card stock is Stampin' UP. Here are the names of the ones I know: wisteria wonder, concord crush, rich razzleberry, perfect plum, bravo burgundy, and elegant eggplant (there may be a retired color or two).
I made the card base out of the lightest paper, then I scalloped the long edge of the card after it was folded and sponged it with concord crush ink. Next I scalloped each piece of purple 8 1/2" x 11" card stock and cut a 1" strip off each sheet above the scalloped edge. I cut each strip down to 5 1/2" and the adhered them one above the other. Then I attached a strip of pattern paper from SU (retired) to cover the rest of the card base.
I stamped the four penguins (Punch Pals stamp set from Stampin' UP retired) in concord crush on whisper white card stock and then used a blender pen to color each penguin a different shade of purple (concord crush, wisteria wonder, rich razzleberry, and a retired color). The Penguins' bills and feet were colored in using a more mustard Stampin' Write Marker. I then inked the edges with concord crush and attach the strip to SU pattern paper using Stampin dimensionals. 
I used glimmer brads to hold the card top down, because there is a gift card inside. The sentiment is from the Create a Cupcake stamp set from SU and is stamped in concord crush. I also used a sponge dobber to ink the edges in concord crush as well. The sentiment was punched out using the decorative label punch. I wrapped wisteria wonder baker's twine around the label added the same twine to the rich razzlebeery button and attached it with a mini glue dot. I attach the sentiment with Stampin' dimensionals. 
This is the inside of the card. The sentiment is from Create a Cupcake SU stamp set. Nadine is our cat and Lady is our dog. Our pets always 'sign' birthday cards just like Steve and the Boyz.

Here is the front of the envelope I made to go with the card. I used the same DSP from SU as I did on the card (it is a retire paper and I don't know the name). I cut the letters out using my BigShot.
This is the back of the envelope. I used the cupcake builder punch to create the sticker to hold the card closed.
This is the box I make. I use a five by five selection of a window sheet the matched the DSP. I used my BigShot and Beautiful Wings embosslit die for the butterflies and attached them with Stampin' dimensionals and mini glue dots. I covered a chipboard 'M' with DSP and attached it with stampin' dimensionals. The box is made out of pink pirouette textured card stock and inked with concord crush.

The box from another angle. Not a bad days work.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Quilt Cards

Hello, I am posting again. Two days in a row. A new personal best. LOL! 
Here are the cards I made for each of the Deacons to give with their card kits. I drew inspirations from Paper Crafter's Library Makeover Monday Challenge for June 4th.                                                                           (
The card had four squares of pattern paper as the center piece. I love quilts, but don't have the time to make them, so I decided to make 9 patch cards instead.
Here is one of the cards. I chose nine different pieces of Stampin' Up Designer Series Pattern Paper (Sorry I have no clue which packs these came from. They have been mixed up in my stash.). Then I numbered them 1 through 9. I did something else I love to do, I solved a Sudoku puzzle. I use the solved Sudoku puzzle to place the pattern paper on the cards. Each card is different but the same.
This is the close up of the sentiment on the front. I uses Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler bakers twine, Old Olive, Blushing Bride, and Early Espresso Stampin' Up Markers, and a Stampin' UP stamp set that I can't remember the name of and which has been taken back down to my scrapping space in the basement, which I am not allow to go to because of my broken foot. (I do thank my boys for being such good fetchers.) 
Here are all nine of the cards. Now there are only eight Deacon, so I wrote a Thank you note to my mom with the ninth card. My mom has taken me everywhere since I broke my foot. She loves to quilt, so I know she will love this card.
Don't you love the water bottle in the background, that I didn't even notice until I inserted the picture here. LOL! 

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Deacon Card Kits

Well Summer finds me in a boot on my right foot, because I fractured the fifth metatarsal. Crutches and no driving for at least four weeks, so it seemed like a good time to do some card making. Our church has eight Deacons who are in charge of congregational care, so I decided to make them all a card kits with 20 cards/envelops plus greetings and sentiments that can be attached to any card they choose.
Here are the 8 complete boxes.
Here are the greetings and sentiments.
This is the inside of the box. The box is 9"x9". It holds 20 cards.
I made tags with each deacons name on it.
Now I just have to make each one card card.
Not all the cards are the same in each box, because I was working from my stash, so pattern paper varies on some of the card designs.